I participated as an assistant with the Trek Dirt Series Camps, which was lots of fun! Most of these camps are ladies only, which is a wonderful learning environment for many girls (no offence boys). It's so rewarding to be able to help riders overcome fears and challenges and awesome to be there when they have their "ah-ha!" moment! I highly recommend these camps to anyone starting out!
The SORCA toonie races have continued and I am super happy to report that I have had a couple more wins! I'm having such a good time getting to know Squamish trails a bit better and all the amazing riders that come out. Having been a park-rat for a number of years, I really took Squamish for granted but this year my eyes have been opened.
Last week I raced BC Cup #2, Bear Mt. in Mission. I had been keeping a close eye on the weather coming up to the race because I did not want a repeat of last years slop-fest. No such luck. Rain, rain and more rain.
Imagine a 5-6 minute sprint through thick mud where if you stop pedaling you stop moving! Not really my idea of downhill racing but you gotta do what you gotta do.
I had a not so great race run which included pedaling my face off, falling into a hole on the side of the course, slipping out in a corner and hoping with all my might that my arms weren't gonna fall off at the bottom. I ended up 4th. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't stay on my bike as that was one thing I wanted to focus on. Alas, this is only race 2 of 8 and as poorly as I felt about my run, I took away some valuable lessons and know what I need to work on (ahem...fitness!!!).
Upcoming this week is a totally epic toonie race in Squamish down 19th hole and BC Cup #3 in Kamloops. I am pretty excited!
I will leave you with some lovely photos from last weekend:
![]() |
| We were camping but in some serious style! Thanks Andy and Kristin! |
![]() |
| Tantalus tent keeping us dry and represented! |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Stephen Exley |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Jon Anthony |




Does Trek Dirt Series ever come to Kelowna?
ReplyDeleteI would check their website for the schedule and locations as I'm not too sure.
ReplyDelete