Thursday, 4 October 2012

Crankworx and beyond...

Coming off my Kicking Horse victory and conquering the demons of technical trails, it was only fitting that our next SORCA race was down Grin N Holler. This trail has a very scary looking wooden roll down feature near the end that has no ride around and no graceful way down it if you aren't ON your bike. I had never been brave enough to attempt it and had just enough to time for one quick practice run to decide whether I could do it so.....

BAM! Nailed it! 

Crankworx was a "break" from racing as we had two weeks off from BC Cups. I love C-worx! I love the crowds, I love the racing, I love rubbing elbows with the world cup pros, I love the vibe and the weather was incredible! I raced one race, which was the Air DH and got my first ever Crankworx podium and awesome medal!


Following Crankworx, we had the Provincial Championships at Mt. Washington. This was a very important race for me as it was the first time my parents have ever come watched me race! 
This course was a beast! It was unrelenting and technical the whole way through, no breaks. There was a bit of everything, shale, rocks, dust, lots of dust, roots, more rocks and of course more dust. Not overly steep or anything but to find flow was a challenge as there were endless line choices. I was happy to have my practice partner back (Jeremy), and we put in a solid 6 practice laps on Saturday. We had an amazing lasagna dinner with The Clan (thanks Bryson!!) that night and off to bed good and early! 
Race day I was more nervous than usual because I really wanted to do well in front of my parents! My race run was clean and according to plan until I got to the spot where my parents were watching and a blew out a corner and went down. I hadn't known until after that that's were they were watching but at least they got a good show! It was a quick fall and I recovered easily and still managed a second place. The margin was close enough that had I not fallen I would have had it though. Just missed out on the Provincials Jersey...

Number one fan or number one worrier?

I crashed shortly after this.


Heading up to spectate.

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to watch!


Stay tuned for the season finals update....



No comments:

Post a Comment